A leading cause of blindness in the world, it is a progressive optic neuropathy often associated with increased intraocular pressure and characterized by progressive death of retinal ganglion cells (RGCs).1 The European Glaucoma Society recognizes neuroprotection as an adjuvant treatment option in glaucoma2 and there is evidence that coenzyme Q1O has a potential retinal neuroprotective action.1,4-6 Topical CoQ1O has proved to be an effective therapy preventing RGC apoptosis and losing glaucoma-related models.5* This is due to its anti-apoptotic, antioxidant and bioenergetic properties.3,7
1. Nucci C, Tartaglione R, Cerulli A, Mancino R, Spanò A, Cavaliere F, et al. Int Rev Neurobiol 2007; 82: 397-406.
2. European Glaucoma Society. Terminology and Guidelines for Glaucoma. 4th Edition. 2014.
3. Qu J et al. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2009; 50: 1814-1818.
4. Guo L, Cordeiro MF. Prog Brain Res 2008; 173: 437-450.
5. Davis BM, Tian K, Pahlitzsch M, Brenton J, Ravindran N, Butt G, et al. Mitochondrion 2017;36: 114-123.
6. Noh YH, Kim KY, Shim MS, Choi SH, Choi S, Ellisman MH, et al. Cell Death Dis 2013;4: e820.
7. Fato R et al. Acta Ophthalmol 2010;88(4): e150- 1.
Complementary treatment to antihypertensive glaucoma therapy
COQUN® eye drops contain CoQ10 and are specially formulated for patients with glaucoma. It is a complementary treatment to antihypertensive glaucoma therapy due to its capacity of counteracting the oxidative damages strictly related to this pathology.8 It has been demonstrated that COQUN® can help improve retinal function.9 COQUN® eye drops are preservative free, hypoallergenic, contact lens friendly and well tolerated.8
Protect the retinal ganglion cells.3,4,10
Energise retinal function.9
Compatible with antihypertensive glaucoma therapy.8
COQUN® should never replace medically supervised glaucoma medication.